It’s easy to email “Build Alternative 5 is my preferred choice for I-49.” to KerryOriole@
providenceengineering.com or Info@I49Shreveport.com
John Perkins attended this morning’s monthly NLCOG meeting at 9am and reports that he spoke publicly the following…
Good morning. Thank you for hosting us all at a great meeting downtown at the Convention Center.
We’ve learned that post WW2 we got really great at building highways to connect us (and troops) to other places, but we lost the ability to build places that connect us to one another.
- We are focusing now on our Grocery CoOp under guidance of Food Coop Initiative
- We hear the neighbor’s in Allendale calling out for street repairs especially Ford St which we learned last time that the state will repair once the city repairs the water lines under the street that are causing problems
- We are continuing our housing initiative and blight abatement which was stopped by C100 when they effectively redlined the new housing starts.
- We will still work for a real business boulevard to promote business opportunities in Shreveport near downtown.
And at our next Allendale Strong meeting we will hear from our founder/president Dorothy Wiley on her experience speaking on the national Vision Zero Conference ‘23 panel. An important and timely subject as we mourned the recent teen pedestrian fatality in North Market.
John also reports that NLCOG announced the following regarding I-49…
- Comments as of Tuesday: 201 signed in to meeting including 25 government officials
- Written comments: 136 at meeting, 26 emailed, 18 verbal
- Supportive of Build Alternatives 1, 3A, AND 5
(no indication of which one garnered the most comments in favor)